Friday, September 14, 2007

Patrick's expulsion from school

Jessica says it better here and you should really read it before going on. I am not so funny in print. Hint: when you get there, scroll up to the blog entry. Don't just read the comments.

So, if you have read that, go on.

The truth is I made a civil complaint about the use of TV in the day care on Patrick's first day. Like talking to a brick wall until I called the corporate offices. That's when the hate started.

So, when Patrick went back this week and I saw a toy with peeling paint and others that are of a brand (Fisher-Price) that I was told was not ordered by this daycare and I 1. asked them to please remove the defunct toy and 2. INQUIRED politely as to the discrepancy (ooh, big intimidating word must have set off the director), I was told I could take Patrick elsewhere by some lady three rungs up from the director. Then I was ordered to take Patrick elsewhere. I never raised my voice or got belligerent so this was completely bizarre. I think it's a little like what some of the cell phone companies are doing now. They have enough customers so if you are one to lodge a complaint (and yes, I mean one friggin' complaint) then you are tossed overboard since they don't want to take the time to deal with you.

So, what's interesting is that I left a message with someone at the corporate office. I never heard back from him but within 30 minutes, the same woman who told me to take a hike, called back kissing my rear and telling me thank you for "bringing an important situation to light."

Digging herself out from under the compost is my guess.

No comments: