Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Green Birthday

Knowing that I don't want to wash 50-60 plates, forks, etc. at Patrick's upcoming party and that I hate the fact that both my parishes are entrenched in raising their carbon footprints with all the plastic cups and paper plates they throw away, I checked out options that are earth-friendly AND convenient.

http://www.biosmartpackaging.com has $20 specials for various place settings of 50. They also include a garbage bag with that. Have to have the compostable or biodregradable bag for any of this to work out anyway. The downside is that if you would like to start using these bags as your regular bag, they are way, way, way expensive.

So, now that I have bought the wine in recycled and recyclable boxes and am ordering from Biosmart, it looks like Patrick will be having a green birthday party.

No comments: