Friday, December 7, 2007

A pain worse than labor

Spent last night in the ER with Kidney Stone II. KS I was five years ago. Having it removed Monday as it's on the larger size -- 5mm. The urologist has the personality of a ...well, actually he has absolutely no personality and acted superior and rude to boot. Even Jesse thought he was an ass. If it had not been a Friday afternoon and if I didn't need this damn thing out ASAP I would have told him where to shove it and found another urologist. At this point, the best I can do is insist on seeing one of his partners for follow-up. According to the pre-op nurse they are much nicer individuals. Also, she told me this doctor is rude but highly competent at removing stones.

As to Patrick -- he was a trooper as Mommy and Daddy removed him from his warm bed to get into a cold car at 2 am and go to the hospital where Mommy screamed for what seemed like forever until she got the happy meds.

No comments: